poker and other great casino video games at The River Belle Casino
Here to Play -
Poker Live at Party Poker. Poker Rooms are always filled with Players.
Get up to $100 Free Today!
Here to Play -
Tips When Playing Video Poker
The best way to give yourself the greatest chance of victory at video
is to read, absorb, embrace and pledge allegiance to these playing tips.
- Seek out Jacks or better machines that pay 9 coins for a full house
and six coins for a flush.
- If you decide to play a progressive video poker machine that pays
8 coins for a full house and 5 for a flush, play on a progressive where
the jackpot is over $250 on a nickel machine, $2,500 on a quarter, and
$10,000 for the dollar.
- Always bet the maximum amount of coins on a progressive machine to
get the bonus for royal flushes.
- If you are a novice player, play on the lowest denomination machine
until your level of expertise rises.
- If your casino offers it, use a casino slot card to get credit for
your play. You might as well get a return as a comp benefit for your
play on their video poker machines. Be sure to ask how many points you
will receive per dollar played, and then find out what those points
are worth in comps. This will help you shop for better value on your
- Take your time to study every hand. Because you are playing against
a machine, no one will intimidate you if your play is too slow.
- All hail the Jack! Some players don't realize the ace is not the
most important card in the deck, but the Jack is. Holding the Jack over
the ace gives you more opportunities of making more lucrative hands
than an ace would.
- There are more than a hundred different video poker machines to choose
from. Games like Joker Poker, Louisiana Jacks, Gator Poker, etc. offer
you a supermarket selection, but all have different pay tables needing
distinct playing strategies. I recommend learning and limiting your
play to two, such as Deuces Wild and Jacks-or-Better.
- Acquire video poker skills using either a computer or a hand-held
video poker game. The major benefit of this type of training is the
ability to test you skills with no financial risk or ruin. You can gather
data later review, enabling you to nix trends that would be costly on
a video poker machine. This information would take you years to accumulate
under normal casino conditions. And again, the key here is that any
knowledge obtained without a casino outlay lets you net out better down
And now, some playing strategies.
First, Never keep a kicker with any pair. Holding a kicker to any pair
reduces your return by 5%.
- Never draw four cards if you can draw three to a royal flush.
- Always keep five-card winning pat hands with on exception: if you
can, draw one card to a royal.
- Don't break a flush even if you can draw one to a straight flush,
- Always break a flush to draw to a royal.
- Never break a straight to draw to a straight flush.
- Never draw five if you have a jack or better, and
- Don't keep a ten for a four card draw.
More information on video poker strategies can be found here on our site
- Click Here